At OpenProject we are building open source project management software which is easy and intuitive to work with.
To enable not only pre-release but continuous testing of our software, we are looking for a (budding) Software Quality Assurance Specialist (m/f/d) to join our team. You will work closely with our customer support and development teams and report directly to our COO Robin.
- Supporting us on our journey to create a project management tool that users ❤ to use
- Further developing, documenting and executing a successful testing strategy (including acceptance tests and regression tests in supported browsers) guided by our product development process (https://docs.openproject.org/development/product-development-handbook/#42-building-phase-2-quality-assurance) and in close coordination with our development team regarding testing status and needs
Reproducing bugs reported by users and evaluating the criticality of errors
- Evaluating critical bugs and prioritizing them
Coordinating closely with both the development and customer support team
- Creating and maintaining a test case catalogue and (possibly) creating test cases / test suites
- Especially if you prefer a full-time role, you might also work in other areas like community management (e.g. responding to bug reports in our user forum)
- You have relevant work experience, ideally within testing / quality assurance for a software company, and don’t see QA testing just as a “stepping stone” into another role but as something you genuinely enjoy doing.
- You are proficient in the English and German language (both written and verbal).
- Experience in working with project management software and OpenProject in particular would be a strong plus.
- You love to learn to use new tools and would like to get to know OpenProject inside-out.
- You have strong communication, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Our “OPENP” core company values resonate strongly with you.
(O = Open for new stuff, P = Pragmatic (not dogmatic), E = Engaged for clients and colleagues, N = Neigung (passionate) about OpenProject, P = Proactive and accountable).
- Familiarity with TestLink, GitHub, Jenkins or similar tools would be a plus.
- You actually noticed the wrong indentation in the second bullet of this section 🙂
What awaits you:
- The best of both worlds: the creative challenges and learning opportunities of a start-up combined with the financial stability and strong customer base of a “grown-up” company in a team of around 25 dedicated professionals who love to learn from each other.
- Having a real impact on our client success and satisfaction as well as providing input for future product development.
- The flexibility to decide from where you would like to work: remotely in any location worldwide or from our office in Berlin right next to Alexanderplatz.
- Contributing to an open source project (our software code is freely available on Github (https://github.com/opf/openproject)).
- You will create value from day 1 for exciting clients and users from all around the globe, including NGOs and other open source projects which we love to support in fulfilling their mission, corporates like Siemens or Deutsche Bahn and public institutions like cities.
- Once a year, we dedicate two weeks of “Passion Time” to work on any improvements of our choice with a business impact (e.g. product improvements, marketing concepts,…) in multi-disciplinary teams
- A competitive salary: underpaying our talents is no option for us since we believe in the motto “If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.”