We’re looking for an experienced developer to join our tech team and drive product growth. You will be a central part of our growing development team, responsible for implementing major features and design and setup of new systems and architecture. Ideally you have experience throughout the whole software development life cycle and you are passionate about our mission to bring transparency into the food and fashion industry.
What you’ll be doing
- Design and build highly-usable web applications and experiences using modern technologies
- Engage daily with your distributed, remote engineering team working on different layers of the applications and infrastructure
- Implement and improve engineering best practices
- Plan, estimate and prioritise work in a remote, distributed team environment
What you bring to the table
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Strong server-side development experience especially in Python
- Familiar with SQL and data modeling
- Self-motivated, resourceful and can get things done with minimal direction
- Experience with DevOps topics such as Dockerization, Terraform and experience with automated deployments of Infrastructure as Code in AWS or GCP
- Located roughly within European time zone
- Experience with GraphQL (Graphene), FastApi, PyTest and/or SQLAlchemy (as an ORM) is a plus
- Experience in blockchain technology is a major plus
- Experience with modern front end technologies such as React is a major plus
We’re a remote tech team that values constant growth and communication. Since we are very young there are many greenfield projects to come where we can experiment with new and exciting technologies. At the same time we always strive to improve our current applications and minimise tech debt. As a senior backend developer you will be working directly with our CTO Jonathan and multiple freelancers.
Our Workflow and Tech-Stack:
- All changes are performed in form of merge requests in GIT
- Merge requests are checked in mandatory code reviews
- We use continuous integration to run tests during the development cycle
- React, Gatsby, Python Fastapi, SQL, Docker, GCP, AWS and Terraform for IaC
- Emphasis on your learning & development
- Remote working
- Remote get-togethers
- Regular team offsites
We believe in equal opportunities!
We want to build a diverse and inclusive community of passionate, talented and committed people to change the way we produce and consume for the better. We believe in equal opportunities as well as unique sets of experiences. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds and are excited to learn about your unique story and motivation!
We are a small, passionate and driven team aiming at turning consumer product transparency into the norm, rather than the exception. seedtrace is a digital platform to manage, prove and communicate social and environmental impact at scale by driving technological innovations and collaboration along the supply chain.
The company: At seedtrace, we’re a team of humble, life-long learners who are eager to collaborate to make this company a success. Our values of ownership, collaboration and humility are at the core of what we’re doing. We believe in what we’re doing and we are building a collaborative, supportive and welcoming environment around that dream.
The product: seedtrace is a transparency platform – we make it easy for our customers to become more transparent and honest about how their products were made. We’re super proud of what we have built so far and we have big dreams of what this product could become.
How we work: We are a remote company with flat hierarchies – therefore, good spirits and collaboration come natural to us. We are using the best collaboration tools available to us but we also place high value on human contact – having regular check ins with the whole company and daily meetings within our respective teams.