Location: No location restrictions, we hire remotely worldwide 🌍
Language: We operate internally and externally in English (US)
Hours: 40 hours per week for full-time. You are free to choose your own hours as long as there's some overlap during the daytime of our CET team for meetings and other internal cultural events
Part-time options: We will consider part-time options for this role, please mention what you're looking for in your application
Level: Senior (5+ years)
Salary: Starting at €71,250 - €90,750 for full-time
Note: We have defined a salary range for this role based on the level of initiative and experience we're looking for. This is not the “limit” and there's room for you to grow with us in commercetools Frontend - we're currently running a separate framework and process from our parent company which will be aligned in the future.
🌟 The Opportunity
We continue to improve and extend the first and most important business user touchpoint, the Studio. To do so we will grow the team with more passionate engineers. Do you like to participate in implementing an amazing user experience that allows users to create incredible eCommerce sites on top of headless APIs? Do you like visually appealing but also functional frontends that make complex tasks look simple? Would you like to improve a web application based on user research and usage data together with a product team? Then this position could be perfect for you!
🚀 Your Mission
- Actively work with the team as a coach, bring the best out of people to help them achieve their ambitions. You will stay in contact with all team members to drive their development and evaluate their performance
- Work alongside our Product, Design, and Engineering team members, taking accountability for optimizing the performance of the team and finding ways to make improvements
- Be involved in hiring high-quality engineers and building a great team – assess the current team and identify the skill gaps to create hiring plans with your People Business Partner
- Enable a cohesive technical vision by working with the team and ensuring the voices of senior staff are heard when needed to ensure architectural cohesion, and identify and address challenges when it comes to cross-team communication during planning
👉 What is it like working in our team?
"We are a very technical team, and we approach every challenge head-on. We know we can rely on each other, and we live by our values — we're in this together. With a unique product comes unique challenges, and we overcome them using our strengths and expertise." – Jim, Engineering Manager
💪 What you will accomplish in your first 90-days
- Meet your colleagues from other departments and get accustomed to our values and ways of working
- Get familiar with our stack and tools
- Complete your onboarding plan and attend commercetools onboarding sessions
🧩 What you need to succeed
- A solid technical background so that you understand modern React and API-based web application development and engineering work plans
- Able to assess and track how your team members are currently feeling
- Proficient in asking open questions to help your team members define goals and work with them to develop plans for skill development
- Competent at moderating meetings and helping the team to collaborate more closely while also making sure there's a consistent output of the team
- Capable of discussing hiring and other requirements with the Leadership team and People teams from a technical and business perspective
- Able to work closely with our Product team to produce the product roadmap for your team
- Experience working remotely, either leading a remote team or as a senior contributor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English as you'll coach teams and individuals and teams to help them reach their full potential
⚙️ Our stack
- React (plain and TypeScript) and Next.js in the frontend
- MaterialUI, SCSS, and Tailwind
- PHP with Symfony and Node.js in the backend
- MySQL and CouchDB as databases
🚀 About Us
At commercetools Frontend, we're a fully remote company a Series C company valued at ¢1.9bn, and were named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce for the second year in a row.
We are formerly Frontastic, a remote-first company since 2017 we know how to do remote work properly. We joined commercetools in November 2021 and are still growing and focused on our mission: Let commerce teams build the incredible. Do you want to be part of this exciting journey?
🤝 Our hiring process
We have designed our hiring process with the candidate experience in mind. This is important to us as we know to build the best product possible, we need the best people. Learn more about our hiring process.
🕒 We aim to respond to all candidates within 72 hours (except on weekends).
1️⃣ Submit your application to our team for review
2️⃣ You'll then be invited to a short technical assessment though Codility (depending on number of applicants)
3️⃣ Discovery call (45min) with Alexandra Ionescu, our Head of Engineering, to discuss the role, our culture, and find out if it's a good alignment with your own preferences and skills, as well
4️⃣ Culture questions (via email) to see how you approach important topics such as growth and work planning
5️⃣ First Interview (60min) with Tobias Schlitt, Principal Backend Engineer to discuss our commercetools for Growth product
6️⃣ Second Interview (60mins) with Catherine Jones, Product Manager to discuss our studio team
7️⃣ Coffee Break (30min) an informal chat with members of the team to get to know who you'll be working with
👏 We're offering
- A remote setup and processes tailored for remote workers
- An open learning and development budget, including an internal learning academy
- The freedom of planning your work around life and not the other way round — we want you to bring your full self to work, and this includes owning your daily routines
- A company laptop of your choice and a personal budget for any additional equipment you need — you will be able to purchase it yourself with a virtual company credit card
💬 We'd love to hear from you
If you have any questions about the role, email our Talent team at email@example.com
. Applications will only be accepted directly through the job application form.
Want to know more about us? You can find out more on our website
If this role is not for you, but you know of someone who'd be a great fit, we would really appreciate it if you could share this role with them!
ℹ️ Equal Opportunities
🔍 Are you looking for something else? Check out our Career Page
and our Website
for more information.
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development, and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.