Keep reading if:
- You’re into testing Vue applications and IT systems.
- You care about Software Quality and its metrics.
- You’re self-motivated and independent. Working remotely is not for everyone, but it is for you. You want to live your own definition of freedom, backed by a 100% remote company.
- You want to work with genuinely good people who are as committed as you are in being part of a great team and building an awesome product that always just works.
This is us:
We’re etg24, a 100% remote SaaS company offering a digital hub for real estate owners and property managers.
We’re self-funded, owner-managed and maintain a reliable, ad-free business model that allows for long-term planning. We enjoy what we do and we need your help to build our platform, make our users love it even more and stay at the bleeding edge of technology.
We are a small friendly team with open communication and flat hierarchies - and you’ll work as the first QA Engineer, setting the stage for our automated QA future.
This is what you’ll do:
- You are responsible for defining, building and maintaining our automated QA infrastructure including automated testing & CI/CD
- Write automated tests for UIs, APIs and other parts of our software.
- Enable our team to adopt a complete dev-ops & CI/CD workflow, also by teaching how to write more reliable code, use better patterns and adopt a QA mindset.
- Test new rollouts and track their impact.
- Monitor performance, availability and issues.
- Be a supportive and inspiring teammate by participating in code reviews, active feedback, idea generation, teaching, learning, and by generally being a pleasant human being. That said, we all skip the meeting circus and focus on what drives us the most: getting things done.
This is you:
- A QA engineer and DevOps enthusiast. When there is a bug or downtime, you kind of felt it coming.
- Experienced at everything necessary to make a software landscape failsafe and reliable. Unit tests, e2e tests, API tests, application monitoring, …
- Experienced with TypeScript + Vue and with a dev-ops/QA background
- Humble but opinionated. You have lots of ideas, yet you are happy to shift directions when a better path emerges. You take your work more seriously than you take yourself.
- An active collaborator. You want feedback on your work and give feedback on others. You can collaborate and work independently, when necessary.
- Engaging beyond the nerdy tech. You understand that communication with your co-workers and going deep on the product improves the quality of your work and makes you a better engineer.
- Passionate about reliability and constant improvement in quality.
- A speaker of fluent English.
- Working from a UTC compatible time zone.
This is what you’ll get:
- A modern, flexible and open-minded working culture.
- You’ll have an impact from day one. As you will fundamentally define technological decisions, the quality of our product and the future of our team, we offer you a job where your decisions matter.
- Work with a modern technology stack. You define how we test. We love staying up-to-date with reasonable industry trends by continuously learning, trying and evaluating new things. Code should never be too big to rewrite.
- We self-funded & bootstrapped our company and you’ll be an integral part of it – be sure we’ll invest in you as much as we can. Be it 360° learning opportunities, productivity apps, coworking, conference tickets or new hardware.
- We’re all 100% remote. Every decision we make is remote-compatible, be sure that’s what you get.
- We’re proud of what we’ve built and we’re already doing what we like, most of the time. You will be as well.
- We’re not chasing an exit, the next round of funding or questionable revenue streams.
- Exceptionally flexible working hours.
- The flexibility you need to be both productive and happy: Little restrictions in working hours (control is good, trust is better), 40 days holiday (incl. local holidays) in a permanent employment.
How we hire
1. First, we want to get a sense of who your are and how you think about testing. To that end, please add at least the following to your application:
- A quick wrap up of the work you’ve done in the past and the technologies you’ve worked with (or a link to that content)
- An interesting/challenging test case you had to build and tell us why it was challenging and how you solved it
- A link to something you’ve written that you’re proud of (or paste it, we consider everything in your application strictly confidential)
2. Interesting, you’ll get a few follow-up questions and/or a test case from us
3. Let’s have a coffee with the team online to see if we’re a good match!