Help build the future of the web — Web 3.0!
We are rapidly growing our information security team, and have an immediate need for a skilled DevSecOps / Cloud Security Engineer.
You will work across our AWS and GCP cloud infrastructure, but also our growing and mission-critical self-hosted servers, and last but not least with our StakingOps team, who manage the security of Parity’s assets.
DevSecOps straddles both Security and DevOps. You could be a security expert with cloud experience, or an experienced DevOps engineer moving into security.
But above all, show us you’ve got the security mindset! We believe you have to think like an attacker if you want to defend against today’s threats.
Duties of the role
- Design and implement secure cloud and on-premise infrastructure.
- Work within systems that secure Parity’s cryptocurrency assets from motivated attackers.
- Instrument high-signal alerts from production infrastructure events to provide early indicators of network attacks and compromises. Create playbooks of what to do in the case of such events.
- Monitor for unsafe and uncertain conditions and design fallback systems to support the stability of the network.
- Work with infrastructure and core runtime engineers to design and implement hardened, layered systems.
- Work with security engineers around securing digital assets in a production environment
- Respond to security alerts and triage incident response management.
- Work with core developer teams on security-critical projects, reviewing architecture designs and automating critical infrastructure tasks
- Refine alerting rules to improve signal/noise ratio of operational health and security
- Solid foundation in Cryptography
- Deep knowledge of UNIX/Linux system internals such as system calls, TCP/IP and debugging tools.
- Experience with hardening the security of VPC and on-premise systems
- Experience working with containers and container orchestration systems (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, ACS, GKE).
- Experience engineering and operating 24/7 public-facing infrastructure.
- Ability to debug complex systems running in uncertain environments.
- Experience evaluating risk and implementing security detections and protections.
- Experience instrumenting infrastructure with a variety of detections that provide high-signal, early indicators of intrusion and dangerous misconfiguration.
- Experience with configuration management tools, such as Ansible, Terraform, and Vagrant
- Thinks automation first
- If you have designed, implemented and worked with both hot and cold key storage systems.
- Having a working understanding of cryptocurrency infrastructure and proof-of-stake would be a notable plus
- Experience with new and novel networking protocols, such as libp2p, dat, and quic.
- Experience with C++/Rust/Go or other system languages.
- Experience with Matrix servers
- Experience operating blockchain nodes
- OffSec certifications like the OSCP and OSWE, and Kubernetes certificates like CKA and CKS will also stand out
- Help build the future of the web — a decentralized Web 3.0!
- Work for a company where security is job #1, and your work will be appreciated!
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we’ve defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your choosing. We think you know what’s best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries, and we will support you with German or English language courses where needed.
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value a lot, so we regularly go on team retreats (subject to current pandemic restrictions for the health of our contributors and teams).
At Parity Technologies we strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in Blockchain and write lots of open-source code. Parity Technologies is based in Berlin and London, but remote work is possible for the right people and we are flexible on location.
Parity works in a very flat hierarchy with lots of autonomy and high levels of personal responsibility, and we try to mimic an open-source workflow in much of what we do.