Would like to work in an energizing and entrepreneurial environment where you will face new challenges each day?Do you have an analytical mind, are good at solving problems and have great organizational skills? Then get in touch and apply to be our new Backend Developer (m/f/d) remote based in Europe to join our international Technology Team!
- You will develop the existing backend application, improve modularity and performance,
- You will work closely with the Product Team and fellow developers to solve problems in Ruby and SQL,
- You use Open Source Software and community engagement to solve problems,
- You extract and create modules for existing Ruby on Rails backend software,
- You meet up with your fellow developers to deep-dive and present new technologies, discoveries and quick hacks,
- You continuously improve and regularly challenge the team’s status quo to embrace new ideas and to openly engage in discussions,
- You practice test-driven development and ensure that the code is of high quality when it passes through the CI/CD pipeline.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONALITY.
- You have at least 3-5 years of relevant experience
- You are familiar with various templating systems
- You have an understanding of how to write readable code that is self-explanatory
Nice to have:
- Ruby on Rails experience, eRuby, HAML
- Exposure to cloud environments, e.g. Google Cloud
- You have an excellent English and good communication skills, as well as the willingness to work in an agile environment,
- You have a high motivation and passion to develop with attention to detail and perseverance,
- Desirable: Completed studies in (business, media) computer science, training as an IT specialist for application development or career changer with relevant professional experience.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- Fridays off until 2023 as we experiment with a four-day week. Help us build the future of work where all of us to have more time to take care of our health and well-being!
- Flexible trust working hours in a remote work environment, which we equip with state-of-the-art hardware (e.g. MacBook pro), monitors, height-adjustable desks / portable solutions and ergonomic chairs, among other things,
- Unlimited employment contract,
- Generous time off policy – six weeks of PTO + holidays, volunteer days, and more!
- Participation in an exciting and healthy growing company that offers you a lot of room for your personal development and your own impulses and ideas,
- Transparent decision-making processes with our three founders as well as leads with a distinct start-up mentality,
- Ambitious and at the same time warm and appreciative international teams from over 12nations,
- Regular (virtual) team events for exchange and brainstorming, but also informal “e-get-togethers” to maintain contacts and have fun
- Co-working access as well as regional team events
HOW TO APPLY.
You find yourself in many points and think that we should talk? Then simply upload your CV, with details of your earliest possible start date and a rough salary range. We are looking forward to the exchange with you!